It was in the early part of 1950, that a brother and sister, Jack and Nitza Nicholas, took a small room in North London, and started manufacturing bridal gowns. As the work began to mount up, the rest of the family, firstly Johnny, followed by Tony, Androulla, Fanos and later Elias, joined the company, each taking responsibility for their own departments.
In a short space of time, a large number of workers were being engaged to cope with the ever increasing demand for Nicholas Brothers Gowns. It was also at this time, the family moved to larger premises, which could accommodate the new work-force.
They soon introduced evening and cocktail wear to the collection, and this bought interest from film productions, the most famous being the James Bond franchise. Newspapers and magazines were soon approaching them for editorials, and special features.
As the company grew, and the original founders were ready to step down, younger members of the family joined the company, and its name was changed to The House Of Nicholas.
The company’s Ethos was to produce a first class product, at an affordable price, complemented by reliability and a stellar customer service.